Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best days of your life

i am home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 and i love it i have loved every moment of it :):):):) while i was away i forgot that life in magna did not end just because i left. my family has been as busy as ever. my little brother is now a man, my older sisters are head over heels in love, my father is the worlds greatest stake president, and my mother is going to save this world but in the mean time her scrap booking business are thriving. i became so caught up in my own life that i failed to recognize that those i love most are learning and growing as well.
being home this last two weeks is exactly what i needed. i was reminded that no matter where i go or where i live ; hotel or dorms i will always have a home. i was reminded that i will make all the friends in the world but that Rachel Ann will always be my best friend. i recognized that i can search for love and acceptance but when i am ready to come home it will always be here. i had the best Christmas, but not because of the gifts i had received but because for the first time i understood what it meant to be a part of a family. i will never regret my decision to live on my own and attend college, these are the best years of my life, but i love knowing that i will always have a place to call home and people who love me for me.
this break has been such a blast. last week we meant with my extremely loud crazy extended family. i left the Reunion with a bowling ball from the white elephants and memory's of those i love. i watched Rachel perform with her school choir four times and realized dang my sister can dance!!!!!! i had an epic date with my cutie pie friend Kevin, the second i walked in the door my sister informed me just how hot he was!!!!! i know why else would i go on a date with him? ;) my mom, my sisters, and i went and saw the nutcracker; which i loved but holly crap that is a ton of dancing for three hours!!!!!! we spent Christmas eve with my much calmer extended family. it was a great night. Christmas day we woke up at four thirty (hey you are never to old to get excited about Christmas) Tia's boyfriend spent the night with our younger brother and Christmas morning with us. i must say the best Christmas gift award goes to Erick , he got me a poster of JUSTIN BEIBER!!! it was an amazing day spent with amazing people. (pictures will come soon)
i absolutely love my life, not because it is super easy or stress free, but because it is all mine. it's mine to mess up time and time again, refine and then mess up again, it's mine to learn and grow from and it is mine to make perfect and i wouldn't trade it for anything :):):):)

1 comment: