Saturday, March 9, 2013

I choose to win


My heart is full today and I am not exactly sure what to say. This has been one of the most testing and trying weeks of my life. I didn't know if I was strong enough to make it through this trail. However I have learned a lot this week. I have learned that people are entirely and absolutely good; we as a species may be entirely selfish and self-consumed, however in the face of tragedy( or at least what feels like it) individuals are able to put themselves aside and help a friend in need. Every man carries with them the light of Christ and it shines through in the face of adversity.  I will never forget the friends I have or the sacrifices they have made for me. I have learned that I am stronger than I ever thought I could be. I have learned just as I have time and time before that my father in heaven loves me, he will carry me every step of the way and will never leave me in darkness.
I cannot say I didn't bring this upon myself I knew exactly how this would have to end, but as a friend once told me “I couldn't not take the chance". It sounds cheesy, but my life has been changed and I wouldn't take back a single moment or a single lesson I learned through this experience.
It has been a hard month. Facebook feels like the pit of despair with one tragic post after another.  I have found several of my friends with their heart and their spirit broken.  I have caught myself wishing I could offer comfort, however there was/ is nothing I can to heal their hurt or improve the situation. I guess that is not my job. Just as I cannot struggle through my own trails alone I cannot fix the trails of others.
“My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.”
I promise that our father in heaven loves his children. We will never be alone. I understand that life can be hard; losing sucks, losing anything, a loved one, a relationship, a friendship .Our father in heaven will make all of this up. We have the opportunity to choose not to lose. God is going to win. Our savior gave his life and because of his sacrifice we never have to be alone again. God is going to win; we simply have to choose to be on his side. I understand that this decision may not be as easy as it sounds. However I know that our father in heaven loves us, is aware of our struggles, and is aware of our pain. This is why he allowed his precious begotten son to suffer on the cross; for you and me. Our savior went through every possible amount of pain we can conceive and then some. It was not in vain. I will not waste his atonement.
God is going to win!!!! We are going to win, and every ounce of pain will be made up. Today I choose to stand with my father in heaven. I choose an eternal family, I choose to serve a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, and I choose to be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment