Wednesday, September 19, 2012

sometimes you are a woo girl


I don't know how many of you have ever watched the TV show how I met your mother #bestshowever. Well at one point in the show one of the main characters Robin makes friends with the singles girls at Lilly's work. The girls are loud obnoxious and.........woooie. Lily, who has a great career and is married to the dorkiest cutest man ever, doesn't understand her single friends, Robin explains that she is single, jobless, and clueless as to where her life is going. She can't always have it together, sometimes she needs to woo.
Sometimes I think my forehead has wooed girl stamped across it. I have thought about changing my major at least three times in the last week, something I swore I would never do. The next year of my life is a mystery; stay here and continue being an RA, stay here and run for RHA president, go on a mission, stay here and volunteer with casa and work with children who are abused; my life is one giant mess of possibilities. I was dang certain I had my life planned out, guess who was 100% wrong? This girl. Sometimes it's exciting, sometimes it' stressful. What is the antidote you may ask, wooing. I however woo differently than robin. I don't take my single friends to bars downing shots, checking out single men and shouting woo at every possibility. I live I love I laugh I cry. I love where I am I love all of the possibilities harshly thrown in my face (more possibility’s, what if I live in Fiji for the summer) growing up I believed my life had two possibility's; go to college get married have babies. Or go to college go on a mission get married have babies. Those are still two real possibilities and no matter what I want right now, I have always wanted to be a mother. But what happens in between? If you read between the lines of my story what is there, what does my life imply, what is it to become, what will my legend be? I can tell you what’s between the lines right now; a poor college student who love her life, her friends, her heavenly father and herself.  This has been the best year of my life. Who says that woo girls can't have fun or meaning in their life? Well whoever says it is wrong. My name is Megyn (hi Megyn) Rushton and I am a woo girl.  

1 comment:

  1. Change your major! I've changed my major like ten billion times and look how cool I am! :D

    ReplyDelete